Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Things In My Fridge!

I have been asked many times for nutrition advice and what it is that I eat. So after talking to my friend Clara I thought I would actually show you what I keep at my house.



I always have a bowl of fruit which sits on my counter by the back door. I like to be able to grab something on the go so having this there I can alwyas bring something with me.

For the weekdays, I always have a big bowl of chopped salad. I use it for some lunches and also on the side of dinner.

I like to keep chopped fresh fruit also. Normally I will buy it and then chop it myself - but I was lazy this week. So I bought the pre-chopped stuff.



I always keep Organic Milk on hand. I love the fact it has a long expiration date. I also always have All Whites , pickles, and veggies.

Again I was lazy and bought pre-sliced mushrooms, peppers and onions.

I love to snack- so here are a few things I keep on hand. Cottage Cheese, Applesauce and drinkable yogurts.

In my freezer you will find frozen waffles, shrimp, meats and veggies.

In my cupboards you will find canned veggies, oatmeal, Kashi cereal, Whole grain granola bars, brown rice, crackers (my guilty pleasure) and peanut butter.



I also am a firm believer in Whole Grains. I always have 100% whole greain bread and 100% whole wheat pitas.

Last but not least, My Brita Pitcher. I love WATER! Part of my New Years Resolution was to stop buying water bottles at home so I could cut down on the amount of plastic.



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have the same water pitcure. :)

Kat Graz said...

I <3 my Brita!

iambellaluna said...

I have the big Brita with spout in my fridge. I love it up!

Also, this blog just became my new grocery list. You're the best eater I know!

Nikki57 said...

Do you have any idea how badly I want mess your pantry up so I feel better about mine? Really, who can possibly keep their pantry that neat?

Oh and Britas are the greatest thing since sliced bread

Unknown said...

I am inspired for grocery shopping!

April said...

Whaaaaat? Okay, we have nearly the exact same things in our refrigerator and cabinets right down to the organic milk. whaaaaaat? Only I have some kid snacks in my cabinets else the kids would hate me. LOL

CB said...

This is fabulous! Obviously I need more fruits, veggies in my apt. Why does organic milk last longer? Brita filter huh? I use to have a nozzle thingy that screwed into my faucet spout but it broke. I got sad and never bought another one. Thanks for your post! You rock! I'll definitely have to reference when I go grocery shopping again... :)

Kat Graz said...

SO I just learned that the reason organic milk lasts longer is because it goes through Ultra- High Temperature Pasteurization. Organic Milk last over 3 weeks!
Well you learn something new everyday now don't you!

- And I never thought of my cabinets being that clean- I thought they were slightly messy.

Unknown said...

This is absolutely beautiful, your pictures are wonderful!

Drink Fridges