Monday, April 28, 2008

Stuffed Peppers in the Slow Cooker

I love using my slow cooker but sometimes things are lacking in flavor. This recipe I found in a cookbook from Sandra Lee. It was full of flavor. I didn't add the rice and it was still really good!

Ingredients:
6 red or yellow bell peppers
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1/2 cup Uncle Ben's Original converted rice
1 can (11 ounces) Green Giant Mexican-style corn
1 can (7 ounces) sliced olives
1 cup Sargento Mexican-style shredded cheese
1 package Lawry's taco seasoning
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's condensed tomato soup
1 can (10 ounces) Rotel diced tomatoes
1/4 cup Sargento Mexican-style shredded cheese

Directions:
Cut tops off peppers. Remove stems, seeds and cores from peppers. Dice pepper tops.In a large bowl, combine beef, corn, olives, 1 cup cheese, the rice, taco seasoning and diced pepper tops. Stuff peppers with equal portions of meat mixture. Place stuffed bell peppers in a slow cooker. In another bowl, combine soup and tomatoes. Pour over stuffed peppers in slow cooker. Top peppers with 1/4 cup shredded cheese. Cover and cook on high-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours or low-heat setting for 6 to 7 hours.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I drop a leave a response when I appreciate a post on a website or I have something to contribute to the conversation.
It's caused by the sincerness communicated in the post I read. And on this post "Stuffed Peppers in the Slow Cooker". I was actually moved enough to post a thought :-P I actually do have a couple of questions for you if it's okay.
Could it be only me or does it look like some of these remarks look like written by brain dead
individuals? :-P And, if you are posting at other online sites, I'd like to keep up with everything fresh you have to post. Could you list all of your public pages like your linkedin profile, Facebook page or twitter feed?

Check out my web-site - increase Dick size