Wednesday, November 7, 2007

German Bratwurst With Mustard Wine Glaze


OK - I know I say I eat healthy- but every once in awhile I don't. My husband, Dave, loves German food. So I thought I would do a late Octoberfest meal. The Bratwurst was great and I served it with pan-fried pierogies and sauerkraut.



Ingredients:
4 bacon strips, diced
5 uncooked bratwurst
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1/4 cup chicken broth /white wine
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon white wine/chicken broth
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1/8 teaspoon celery seed

Directions:
In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon pieces to paper towels (save for another use, I topped the pierogies with it). In the drippings, cook bratwurst until no longer pink, about 10-15 minutes. Remove and keep warm. Drain skillet. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and 1/4 cup chicken broth/wine; set aside. Add the mustard, brown sugar, 1 tablespoon wine/chicken broth, vinegar, celery seed to skillet, cook and stir over medium heat until mixture is hot and bubbly. Gradually add cornstarch mixture. Bring to a boil, cook and stir until thickened. Return bratwurst to the pan; cook and stir until glazed, 2-4 minutes. Top with any extra glaze and serve.

Enjoy!

Recipe from bestsimplerecipes.com
Picture from my kitchen.

No comments: