Thursday, November 8, 2007

Fiesta Lasagna!

I LOVE Mexican food! I found this recipe on http://bethnnates-sweetlife.blogspot.com/ I loved it! I used a few different ingredients. I added the mexican style corn, chopped green chilies, diced jalapenos, and black olives. Next time I will probably put in guacamole also.





Ingredients:
Corn Tortillas (soft taco size)
1 lb Ground Turkey or Beef
1 Jar of salsa
1/2 a sweet onion minced
Shredded Cheese
1 large can re fried beans ( I used refried Black beans)
Mexican style corn
Diced Jalapeno
Diced Green Chilies
Diced Black Olives
Sour cream for serving
1 packet Taco Seasoning

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350. In a large skillet, over medium heat, brown the meat & drain. Add taco seasoning & a bit of water, stir and simmer about 5 minutes. Heat beans in a medium sauce pan In a medium oval Corning wear start the first layer of the lasagna. I put two whole tortillas and then ripped one in half to cover the sides where there was a gap. Then spread a layer of re fried beans over the tortilla layer.Spoon the taco meat over the re fried beans. Next a layer of black olives, corn, jalapeno, green chili, onions then spread a layer salsa using the back of a large spoon. Then cover the salsa with a layer of shredded cheese. Repeat the layering process twice more.Tortillas, re fried beans, black olives, corn, jalapeno, green chili, onions, salsa, cheese.Cover and bake for 30 minutes. Top with Sour cream.

Enjoy!!

No comments: