Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Pineapple Upside Down Cake

I love this cake. It was my favorite growing up. I didn't have a lot of time this weekend so I ended up using a cake mix- sorry! Normally I make the batter from scratch also.

Ingredients:
1 stick of butter - melted
1 cup brown sugar
Pineapple Slices
Maraschino Cherries
Pineapple Cake Mix

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350. Melt butter and pour into ungreased square baking pan. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly on butter and arrange sliced pineappleon bottom of pan. Fill in holes of pineapple with cherries. Prepare cake mix according to box directions- pour over pineapples. Bake for approx 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes and then invert pan onto rack or serving platter. Carefully remove pan.

2 comments:

CB said...

Nothing wrong with cake mix IMO! (I am gonna get so much crap from Nikki for this one). LOL.

Kat Graz said...

Thanks! Lately you girls have been so impressive with your baking I didn't want to disappoint by using a cake mix!