Thursday, October 25, 2007

Rustic Chicken Cacciatore

This recipe is super easy and can be customized alot. I didn't feel like pasta so I stirred in large white beans instead. You'llnotice mine looks a little watery that's because I used zuchini and it has a tendency to release water.
Ingredients:
4 Chicken Thighs (i used cut up chicken breasts instead)
1 Onion Diced
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 14 1/2 ounce Del Monte Italian style stewed tomatoes
1 Can Italian style Tomato Paste
2 Cups Sliced White Mushrooms
1 Tsp Basil
1/2 cup dry wine- either white or red (OPTIONAL)
Directions:
Brown chicken and sautee onions with olive oil in pan. Add all other ingredients and simmer together for atleast 30 -45 minutes. I continued to chop up tomatoed while cooking. Serve over your favorite pasta or add white beans instead. Top with fresh parmesean cheese.
Enjoy!
You can also add carrots or zuchini
Picture from my kitchen

No comments: